OK, so I was going to go on campus for lunch, but since they have suspended the shuddle because these are reading days, I can't go anywhere which means I will have to make myself lunch.
However, this was taken from awallens
Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The
wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD")
to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly
If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your
email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if
you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday
elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll
have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
So here we go...
1. an autographed copy of any valdemar book...haha...how many of you are not surprised?
2. a ruben bear since I never got around to treating myself to one
3. a chance to see my new nephew in alaska
4. any of the filk CD's off firebird arts and music...that deal with either pern or valdemar
5. a chance to visit my family in Indianapolis...which consist of Mary and her son Sam
6. my very own place!!!!
7. someone to come over and just hold me for a night and treat me the way Brian did before he turnd punk, take me out for a day just that person and me...spa or movie or something. It's been forever since I've been able to enjoy myself with someone.
8. I wish I didn't have to see my grandma go down hill...it's really not helping my mom any and my grandpa refuses to take care of her like he should
9. Joanne Shenandoa's"All Spirits SIng." Please....if anyone can find this CD, I'd really appreciate it....been looking for it the past year.
10. Return from WIthch Mountain. An old eighties Disney movie that I remembered watching at ISB...I have the first one. This is something else I've been looking for, too.
OK maybe this makes me sound high maintainace, but seriously, it's been three years since I've had a day with just me, or just me and another person somewhere and that's one of the things I miss, just being able to relax in good company.
PS, my e-mail address is in my profile, so you can find it there.